View Single Post
      03-15-2020, 11:56 PM   #8
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboatster View Post
Post some pics! A few years ago, I learned that CSS used s1000rrs for the instruction which surprised me because I thought that like many liter bikes, s1000rr is a firebreathing monster and may not be good for anyone but the experts on the track
Here is a pic of me at VIR two or three years ago:

I thought the same thing as you because I have been going to CSS for years when they were running ZX-6Rs. After a few sessions out, I got comfortable with the RR and have never had an incident. Granted I ran in Rain mode up till about 3 or 4 years ago. Now after about 1 or 2 sessions on track, I jump into Sport mode.

The RR has impressed me so much I'm seriously contemplating trading in my 2009 Ducati 848 with a full Ohlins suspension to get into an RR. For some reason, I just can't get myself to let go of my 2004 ZX-10R. Keith Code has said on a few occasions that the number of crashes has actually dropped since moving over to the RRs.
Appreciate 0