Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
The people who are saying that it's a gimmick and useless feature are doing so, shaping their comments around their own lifestyle. Smart homes are getting increasingly popular and the use of physical keys are declining so having your phone as your key/hub for everything makes sense.

The smartphone is going to be the one-device-for-all where the only thing you really need to carry is your phone and wallet but that will eventually be gone once digital ID's (health card, drivers license) become valid.

Is this going to be for everyone? No but it's going to be useful for those who have tech thoroughly embedded within their lifestyle. For everyone else, physical keys will still be used until they're fully gone.
For different reason which I will not explain in here, I am against smart home and all this digitalization of my life. Maybe you don’t but I like my privacy.
I want my keys and my wallet thank you!
A lot of people are, myself included, but it doesn't mean that other people haven't already equipped their home with smart devices and for those that have, this makes a lot of sense to them. This is not about which method (comfort access vs Digital Key) is easier and quicker to access your car, this is about making your smartphone your one key for all.
Appreciate 0