View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 12:50 AM   #15
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

The bike is a homologation effort. The engine has been reworked to get if I remember correctly an additional 500RPMs before redline. 212HP with lighter pistons and titanium connecting rods. The suspension has been tweaked too. There are a bunch of other things that make this bike unique over the standard RR.

One of the posts above mentioned a carbon fiber frame. This is incorrect. The HP4 is the only bike in the line up that got a carbon fiber frame. This latest gen RR has carbon fiber wheels which is an option on the standard RR that is part of the M package.

I'm in the market for the RR as that's what the track school I attend every year (except this year due to the stupid virus) uses. Initially, I thought I was going to stretch to buy one of these Ms. But the $40k price tag doesn't make sense for me as to how I'll be using the bike.

As I've been saying for a while, too bad the design team for the RR hasn't been loaned out to the auto division.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11475.50