View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 11:50 AM   #22
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

As I mentioned, my feeling about the M1000RR existing is due to World Superbike. Many people agree the RR is a great bike. But for whatever reason that hasn't translated into WSBK wins. They've had some pretty decent riders too. This is in my opinion is BMW's effort to elevate their efforts in WSBK by conforming to homologation requirements. The HP4 was too limited in production numbers to be allowed in WSBK. That's why there has been no discussion about how limited the numbers will be for the M1000RR.

If the M1000RR was all in maybe $5 to 10k more than the base RR, I'd consider it. But $20k which would probably be at straight MSRP or with possible mark ups, no way. Not for the riding I do.

I've also had the same thoughts about the carbon fiber wheels being a possible liability for street use. Don't understand why they won't allow swapping out of the carbon wheels for the forged ones.

I've had a lot of seat time with the previous gen RR at the track. I was intending on finding a good used example. But then, CSS has moved to this gen RR. It would make sense for me to get the current gen even though I haven't thrown a leg over it yet on the track.
Appreciate 0