06-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #132
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony @ eas View Post
Nice! I own a Daytona 675 and my brother owns the Street Triple R. The Street Triple R is definitely the better bike; handle bars, more low-end torque and a comfy seat make it much more practical. Congrats!
Gotta disagree. I rode the Speed Triple (almost same riding position) and it was just... Mundane. Bars too high and bar reach too close... Kind of hard to hang off. But it was nice and torquey, I'll give you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
Guys, whats your views on commuting wear i.e. Leather or textiles?

I presume most, if not all of you live in much sunnier climates than Scotland so this may be a pointless Q. I have my bike test in the coming weeks, and I'm looking to start buying my kit.

However, due to the weather over here I'm torn between buying textiles or a leather two piece.

Leathers look the part and are great protection, where textiles offer the weather protection and also good safety.

Any ideas/suggestions based on experience?
Go for a leather jacket and specialized textile pants with knee guards. You'll appreciate the comfort for the lower and the protection of the upper. A full suit is also not that expensive; just don't go for Alpinestars because you're only paying for the name. A nice suit can be had for under $400 and leathers are one-use only so there's point dumping a bunch of money there. You crash, you replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
i never knew what low end tq was on a bike until i rode the XB12R Buell.

holy crap - feels like my freaking 392 Challenger HAHA !!!!
Kinda like the 1198 with Termis. 4k is 90 and passing people doesn't require down-shifting.