11-11-2019, 01:23 PM   #49
GtiGyver
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 Space Grey E90 328i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
In physics, speed is defined as the distance traveled per unit of time. Speed is the scalar quantity that is the magnitude of the velocity vector. Therefore, speed is already the rate of distance over time, otherwise known as velocity. The rate of speed is velocity over time, otherwise known as acceleration. By saying high rate of speed they would be implying picking up more speed...in which this case; these two boys certainly achieved.

From what I can see, in the photos, there is a dirt embankment opposite the building before the parking lot. In one of the photos, two officers are standing in it. Based on the amount of dirt strewn about the parking lot beyond this area, I would imagine that this is what caused their upward momentum.

I'm with you on being young and reckless. I, myself, displayed countless demonstrations of moronic driving when I was younger...but nothing to a degree like this. I can't imagine the sheer terror they felt once they lost control.
Everything you stated is correct (I'm actually a physicist, but work as an engineer since jobs are better than no jobs.... lol).
I'm pretty sure that most people's self-preservation instinct would have kicked in before this could have happened.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34184.50