View Single Post
      11-20-2020, 11:12 AM   #247
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
I guess its all about perspective...from one point its Hamilton watches stopping 44IP from pursuing a legitimate business enterprise requiring the trademarking of Lewis Hamiltons name.
The info from trademarkelite clearly shows that it was the trademark (for class 35/37 businesses) of the watch company Hamilton (in Biel) that was sued and not the other way around.

Lewis lost because the hamilton watch company was already +100 years in business and had already various trademarks under the hamilton brand.
The hamilton watch company didn't sue Lewis hamilton or his IP44 business (unless you can provide a valid link that directly points to that with quotes from the final verdict in that case)

So there is no "The question is equally...why does Hamilton watches care?"
They got sued. By Lewis Hamilton's representatives.

You're venting here your personal opinion and not conclusions based on reported facts.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58903.50