AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirm5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
I think it depends on the buyer. Tesla buyers seem to accept the shoddy workmanship, poor interiors, etc. b/c they like the giant screen, the updates, the cool and fun tech stuff that Tesla provides and many seem to not want to go back to regular cars (at least those I've spoken with who own Teslas).
Despite what you've read on the internet, shoddy workmanship is not a given. Not by a long shot. Some people have had negative experiences, the vast majority don't. You don't read about them, because very few ppl log into internet forums to say, "yea it's all good". Our Model Y workmanship is as good as any of my bimmers were. The leather thing I can appreciate. They won't use cowhides. I can dig that, so deal with slightly inferior feel with the pleather.
What does what I read on the internet have to do with anything? What I said is based purely on my own experiences driving my friend's Model S and riding in several other Tesla Model Ss over the years and then asking those same friends how could they put up with the shitty ass interiors, super thin leather that feels more like my 2005 Acura TSX and is much worse than my first BMW 335is, and the panel gaps, etc.

They all pretty much were enamored with the acceleration, no gas, and the cool features. This is not based on anything I read.

As for the pleather being an excuse, frankly that's even worse. if it's fake leather, they can actually make it thicker and feel better, but they don't. I have no problems at all with BMW's fake leather Sensatec b/c it's great and is durable and feels higher end. Maybe I'd be willing to deal with the shitty pleather if the cars were econo shit boxes rather than expensive EVs.
Appreciate 1
PABrian149.50