Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLYSDN View Post
I would agree with this statement.

I have not followed WSBK as closely in the last few years. I still catch the news every week, however I do not diligently watch it like I did many years ago. The last season that I watched in awe was when Ben Spies took the championship. That was one of the better ones from the last 10 years.

I think WSBK has lost a bit of the draw and I would love to see some more talent and depth to the field. In addition, it feels as though the technical regulations have dumbed the series down a bit, but it is supposed to be a production based series.

I have always followed and watched MotoGP too and I feel that some of these series go up and down in terms of my engagement. The 990cc era was incredible. The 800cc era was probably my least favourite while a return to 1000cc is getting better. The tire rules this year definitely played an interesting role as well as the weather.

I am curious as to what Dorna will do when the biggest draw (Rossi) finally retires? I think there are some interesting story lines next year (Lorenzo and Ducati) but I don't think there is a single individual who will bring the level of excitement on and off the track as Rossi does.

It is one of the reasons that I kind of lost interest in WSBK. Some of the great racers are retired or moved on. I am hopeful that Hayden and Honda can pull something together next year, but I have come to the realization that Hayden probably won't be able to deliver due to age and equipment. I still believe he loves racing and that he is passionate, but even with the best bike, I am not convinced he would produce consistent results. He's past his prime but that hasn't stopped the likes of Bayliss, Checa, Haga, Biaggi.....
Captured nicely...

My WSBK automatically renewed last season my fault, and I didn't end up watching one weekend series all year. Just lost interest.

Still watching MotoGP and am a Rossi fan. I like the underdog, with reservations about Marquez, but Rossi is just phenomenal to do what he does at his age. Those of you that race bikes know what I'm talking about

Last edited by Dr Thrillride; 01-01-2017 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 1
FMLYSDN1181.50