View Single Post
      10-08-2019, 08:27 AM   #20
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Because of the type of event both drivers participated in knowing the inherent increased risks. This is why insurance companies typically do not cover incidents at track events. Some have figured out a loop hole with their carriers where they've used the angle of it being a "driver improvement" event that wasn't timed. But I don't know if insurance companies that did have that loop have since closed it out or not.
I didn't say insurance companies, I said a civil suit. Just because both drivers knew the risks doesn't mean one wasn't careless/reckless/distracted and/or incompetent. What if they were driving with worn-down tires, knowing that they should change them, but thought "I can get one more lap"?
If it could be reasonably expected that the crash could have been avoided, the guy probably has a civil case. If not, like steering suddenly failed prior, some other car created a situation they had to react to, etc., then no. If someone like that has $$$, they most certainly have $$$ for a lawyer. Would it be worth it? Well, it's a multi-million dollar car...

I'm just reacting to the post above that says "I don't see how the porsche driver could be sued". I can see how they could be sued. Doesn't mean they would automatically win, but if they could prove with a preponderance of evidence the above, then they have a case.

Last edited by RM7; 10-08-2019 at 08:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13656.00