unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
lot of details missing
I think he just had a "wake up" moment. I used to be a proponent for CCW and help spread the word and get out the vote when we were trying to pass it in my state years ago. We are actually a constitutional carry state now. But I live in a low crime area and rarely carried.

That lead to it not being a habit and when I was in one of our larger cities one night with my girl we walked out of a place later one evening and there was a little altercation going on - some words were exchanged and 3 dudes looked set to jump a guy who was with his girl. He seemed far more concerned with his girls safety than himself (naturally) and I think us walking out into it defused it just enough it broke it up a little earlier than it might have otherwise even though we didn't get involved at all.

I remember driving home thinking - I'm not just carrying for me. We all think we are tough, but few people could fight off 3 assailants and what happens after that? Hopefully your girl picks you up and you go home, but it would leave 3 very amped up gentleman on the street with your vulnerable girl with no one to protect her. That scares me a LOT more than an ass beating.

I made it a point to start packing even when I'm just going to work and now it is just habit. I'm not a macho guy that needs to carry to feel tough and I hope I die with cobwebs in the barrel of my gun. But at least it'll give me a chance if I'm ever in that guys position - or worse.