04-27-2015, 01:10 PM   #94
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
For profit US prisons = an issue. At the very least, the US justice system offers everyone the right to a fair trial, and legal recourse if there was any perceived mishandling.

Prison systems in 99% of the rest of the world = a problem. Lack of Habeas Corpus or fair trials. People are thrown in jail simply for having a different religious or political beliefs from the political ruling class.

Women, minorities and gays in the US are discriminated against? How so? There are anti-discrimination laws (Federal and state) which prohibit such practices. Certainly racism and sexism exists in the US, but I can't think of any situations in the US where governments or businesses are allowed to openly practice such beliefs. Gay right to marriage is an ongoing issue that has yet to be resolved, I agree.

But compared to the blatant racism, sexism and discrimination that minorities, women, and gays have to deal with in most other countries, our so-called problems are quite petty by comparison.

When you say these things you come across as a spoiled brat who has no idea how good you really have it in a country like the US. I certainly don't believe the US is anywhere near perfect, but to equivocate our own social issues with those of 3rd World nations run by autocratic strongmen is laughable at best.
Prison system = problem. There doesn't need to be any further justfication. Pointing out the fault of others doesn't make the problems we have at home any less serious or significant.

Discrimination = problem (and on that still exist) when we have STATES that refuse to reconize marriage between two consenting adults, basically denying them the same rights/benefits as we do other citizens. That IS blatant, that DOES exist - it's real.

We have gone far off topic.