08-19-2015, 08:57 AM   #200
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
[Then] put it in simple terms.. Success some from a concept called productivity.. Yes there will always be exceptions, for example Will Smith kids have a major leg up. And will do fairly well in what ever they do simply because they have access to daddy's money. Same goes for a guy like Mitt Romney, who's success was in part all thanks to daddy. But then again most parents will do what ever they can to help their kids succeed so none of this is unusual.

What I'm trying to get at is the guy who does well in life and is not born with a silver spoon. That guy succeeds because he has a strong work ethic and applies it towards something that will net him growth. Meaning that if you push a fucking broom all day and that is all you do, then no matter how well you push the broom you will still be pushing it many years down the road. Now if you channel your work ethic into developing a skill-set that can earn you money, then eventually your work will pay off, you will earn, and your lifestyle will improve.

Unfortunately a lot of people have no work ethic or drive so they wind up not accomplishing shit in their life. Instead they spend most of their day bitching about how world is working against them, and hating anyone who is successful. A good example of this is the gym. You got the guys who bust their ass and look good and then you got the assholes that come in to take up space. The guys who look good and make progress are the ones who make the necessary sacrifices and put in the hard work. Whereas the guys who come and continually look like shit are the ones who spend most of the time talking(usually talking shit about the guys who are looking good), not working out correctly, and eating what ever happens to drop on their plate that day.

There is no fucking complex, magical formula to this.. It is not very hard to succeed in America if you simply apply yourself towards something and put in the necessary work. My aunt came to the US and cleaned houses for many years (even though she had a college education) eventually she started her own cleaning service and had other women work for her. And she accomplished all of this while barely speaking fucking English. She turned nothing into something big and it was all thanks to her drive to succeed and a strong work ethic. But I take it cleaning peoples toilets is part of this great white privileged we got going on too?
I agree that the model you described above is one of the several, many perhaps, that can lead to success.

The question I most recently tried to answer, and that you griped about the length of, didn't ask about how to be successful. The question asked why/how do we Americans find ourselves in a nation so suffuse with animosity (hate), especially given that our nation was [ostensibly] founded on principles of diversity.

Now for all the ways and topics of which you and disagree, I would hope that at the very least you realize that question cannot be answered competently in any way that could be called "short." There literally is no shortage of books, books from all sorts of perspectives, that attempt to answer that question, and that's to say nothing of bloggers who've taken on the question. A few are noted below, but there are hundreds upon hundreds more.
  • The Eliminationists: How Hate Talk Radicalized the American Right
  • It's Even Worse Than It Looks: How the American Constitutional System Collided With the New Politics of Extremism
  • Racist America: Roots, Current Realities and Future Reparations
  • Divided America: The Ferocious Power Struggle in American Politics
  • The Social Health of the Nation : How America Is Really Doing
  • United America
  • Blog: "Why Are Americans so Divided? Why Are We so Angry?" (http://blog.irvingwb.com/blog/2013/1...-so-angry.html)
I offered my own "from 50K feet" take on the question/answer. Short of chalking it up to human nature, which is no minor subject in itself, and which I did at the outset of my post, there is no simple answer. I realize that you and some other members only want short, pat answers and want to see everything in absolute terms, but the fact is that not everything can be explained that way and Breazilian's question is among them.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed