10-03-2015, 10:02 AM   #73
Isaiah5411
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 328i E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
I'm curious as to how Christians justify their version of God being more legitimate or real than other religions versions of God, considering all they're going off of is a bunch of old stories written by people thousands of years ago who had no concept of how nature and the physics of the earth worked. I was raised Catholic, and I never received a straight answer on this from any of the priests I asked this to.
The Bible explains it this way:

Romans 12:3

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

1 Corinthians 13:9,10

9. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away

Combining those two facts, we see that all men throughout history have been given an innate sense of God. But until Jesus (perfection) came, they only knew in part.

Buddha was a very wise man, because....he took his measure of faith and asked for more. He sought wisdom and God gave it to him, so much so that his followers deified him. Buddha never claimed to be God or the son of God. But his (God-given) wisdom was so profound, those who heard him elevated him to the level of a deity. And... the words of Buddha were VERY similar to those of Jesus. I have a book that is shows the parallel sayings of Buddha and Jesus. Does that mean that Jesus/Christians stole these things from Buddha. Of course not. The SOURCE was the same...God Himself. But, Buddha's message was incomplete. He knew in part and the prophesied (taught) in part. (and Buddha NEVER claimed to be God or the Son of God).

Same was true of the Greeks and Romans and later Muhammad. They all knew in part. They all had a glimpse of the truth, the WHOLE truth did not appear until Jesus Christ, the Messiah, came onto the scene.

And...when you study all other religions (and atheism, evolutionary theory, etc.) - as I have done - you see the holes/gaps/omissions/incompleteness in their belief system.

ONLY Christianity offers the complete explanation, from the beginning of time (Genesis) and the Creation of all things (including earth, the sun and moon, stars and life) to the beginning of eternity (The Book of Revelation). It also gives us dramatic insight to our Creator, how to treat one another, and how to best live our lives so that we get the most and best out of it.

The Bible is NOT just a book of rules. And, it does NOT depict God as some uncaring, mean-spirited, gray-bearded man doing what He wants because He is on a power trip. Those who think and say that are as ignorant as they come. You would have to read the Bible cover-to-cover to see why God did what He did in the Old Testament and you would then understand how and why Dawkins is completely wrong in how he classifies the God of the Old Testament. Dawkins is totally ignorant of the true nature and motives of God and a completely distorts the truth to further his destructive agenda.

So...get over the notion that other religions have some truth to them (because they all have some truth to them) and understand that all were God-inspired from the beginning. These seeds of faith were all planted in them so that people would be ready when the TRUTH (Jesus) came.

Otherwise, everyone would have been as close-minded and hard-hearted as many of you are on this forum. What DID you do with your measure of faith? Who took that away from you? When and how did you get so "wise" that you started thinking you were smarter than God and are the center of the universe?
"O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires." (Isaiah 54:11)

Last edited by Isaiah5411; 10-03-2015 at 10:07 AM..