01-25-2017, 11:27 AM   #81
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Would businessman Trump build a building and tell the buyer, it's okay, you can pay me later? I'm guessing not.

If it's to keep a campaign promise, that makes sense since it a tangible result and as a side benefit, it creates jobs which is another goal. The hard part will be building it with no undocumented workers and no foreign materials.

If it succeeds, we will have a very expensive wall with a slim hope that Mexico will reimburse. If he fails to get the wall built and paid for by Mexico, the headline could read, Trumpty Dumpty.
Let's see what happens. I don't think Trump is expecting the Mexican government to cut a check before the construction begins. They is more than one way to "pay" for the wall. tariffs ... etc...

I know one thing. Trump knows how to execute a project on time and on budget. I doubt they will be using any $700 hammers from the state department for the construction.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes