First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 91' 850i

Garage List
1991 850i  [7.75]
2007 328i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl4U View Post
stupid question... ive been having a whey shake with skim plus for breakfast but i was reading the label and it had a disclaimer saying "do not use for weight reduction" but if its a meal replacement and im getting what i need out of it, why would it deter my weight loss goals??
Pure Whey protein or Casein as a meal replacement isn't very good for weight management because it's just pure protein. It'll deter your weight loss goals because without any kind of carbohydrate your body will retain fats and water in response to lack of metabolic activity. Carbs aren't bad for you at all, just like with everything in life it's bad in excess. The weight management concept is all about keeping steady blood sugar levels for a more consistant insulin response, as a result your metabolism will improve significantly [Higher the metabolism the more likely the body will be to brun off fat]. It's best to include moderate amounts of carbs in every meal, especially in the morning. There are options to meal replacement that include complex carbs, which help regulate insulin reponse.

Not a stupid question ! It's difficult to get a straight answer with all the products people try to sell you.
Appreciate 0