Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
Google does not have a monopoly on information. Google has a market dominant position, but there are plenty of source options: bing, DDG, Qwant, Yahoo, Startpage, Wolfram Alpha. Some (eg. Startpage) do aggregate google results within their searches but use other sources as well.

My point is that, like with everything, people who care about facts and information have plenty of opportunity to inform themselves. People who only care about spin that aligns to their worldview seek out sources that will rarely offend that worldview. Google has no impact on that ... it's their nature and you see it in every thread in this sub-forum constantly. There are a percentage of posters who like to engage in fact based debate, and there are many more who solely promulgate their particular worldview irrespective of whether there is any merit to it.
They have near market monopoly. This is the fact. When I worked for a pharmaceutical company that rhymes with Riser that had a 55% market share in the largest small molecule drug, there were howls of corruption, market dominance, market fixing and whatever else people could think of.

Google is dominant in information searches and quantifies and codifies each of their users information. They are the single most dangerous entity on the planet. People need to open their eyes to this.

Here are the actual facts about their market share.
Attached Images

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
gjm1201247.00