Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
And you missed the point. I wasn't arguing their market dominance.

My point was, and is, that it doesn't matter what the search engine is (or the news source) more people gravitate to sources that support their particular world view. You just have to read these threads to recognize that. The number of people willing to engage in factual debate and have their view influenced by fact or reasoned opinion has a limit. You see it on BM every day. The people beyond that limit are not influenced by results that may or may not be slanted because they ignore them if they do not align.

That makes any perceived bias on Google's part irrelevant (and I do not accept that there is evidence of bias but I do not need to resolve that issue to make my point).

Google is a predatory databank that seeks to gather all of the info they can whether legitimately or illegitimately. Do you have gmail on your phone? It tracks you everywhere. It isn't just search. It is them planting their data hooks into everything and selling the data to the highest bidder. This is factual.

Remember, if they aren't paying you and you aren't buying the service, you're the product.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.

Last edited by MKSixer; 08-21-2019 at 09:57 PM..
Run Silent13201.50
N54Yankee2180.00