View Single Post
      11-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #16
iamandypark
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 5AT-nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
I'm 5'9" 187lbs and I am looking for insight on what I may be doing wrong or missing from my workout. I am nursing a shoulder impingement and though it's getting better each day I can not afford to risk injuring it seriously. Here is what I've got thus far...

Chest/Tri:

Flat bench: 10@135lbs/6@185lbs/6@205/10 close interval @ 135lbs (before the shoulder injury I was at 8 reps @ 225lbs with a max of 275/305lbs

Skull crusher: 10@80lbs/10@80lbs/10@80lbs

Tri pull-down: 10@80/10@80/10@80

Incline fly: No longer do because of my shoulder

Push-ups: 25/5 close 5 wide clapper/25/5 close 5 wide clapper/25 and I half hold my last rep. I am a Solider so the form is top notch.

Back/Bi:

Curv bar curl: 10@80x3

Bent over row: 10@100x3

Low row: 10@100/10@120/10@120

Lat pull down: 10@100/10@120/10@120

Abs:

Flutter kicks:
3 sets of 100

Rope extensions:
3 sets of 10@ 60lbs

I used to do bridge,side bridge,side bridge: 3 sets of 45 second hold but it causes me to put all my weight on the shoulder to keep good form so I quit that...

I am a function over fashion type of guy. I am looking for what I am missing in my workout. I don't do legs because I run a ton between PT 3 days a week with ROTC and the random runs I throw in after my workout.

I for some reason feel like I am missing something, nutrition possibly has to do with why I am not extremely cut but to be frank I don't care. I'm a college student and don't need to have some psycho diet just to get some more creases in my abs. I just need to perform better on PT tests and in general for when I get pushed to the limit. What am I missing?

What are your goals? I think you should drop the flys. Since you are nursing a shoulder injury I would try something like flat bench, decline. You can throw one more chest exercise but if you do an exercise like dips it would work both your chest and triceps.

For back maybe you want to throw in some heavy lifts like a deadlift, which work your whole body, esp your back and traps. ( they also improve your grip and overall strength)
Deadlift
Pullup
Row

With that back workout you should have to worry about biceps as much as pullups and rows also work your bi's.

This is similar to my workout except I have a shoulder day. I have seen much success with this type or workout.

As far as eating goes.... I am a college student as well. Just try to eat lean proteins as much as you can. Get some carbs in too. I try to eat every 3-4 hours at least 4 meals a day.
Appreciate 0