BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

Michael (BoostedBMW) - what do you think of eating fruits like watermelon and orange after working out. I usually work out at around 10-11PM for 2 hours, so it's early in the morning when I get home. I usually get a bit hungry so I eat up slices of watermelon, strawberry, and oranges. I go to sleep at around 3AM or so and wake up at 10-11AM, if that matters. (Yeah, my sleeping pattern is all weird now, lol).
I think that eating any kind of fruit at 10-11pm would be the same as eating them at 2pm after you workout. Not eating carbs before bed is a HUGE myth, and again it just comes back to your daily macros/calories at the end of the day is what really matters. Now, some people would argue for a huge pwo insulin spike from simple carbs/sugars, which is debatable, but I think that fruit is an excellent carb source after a workout to go along with protein. As long as you don't go too overboard and eat an entire watermelon, you are fine if you are within your calorie limits for the day. I always eat fruit or yogurt after a workout along with a whey shake, and follow that up with a real food meal around an hour later, but if you are working out that late then you probably don't feel like stuffing yourself right before bed, but that is nothing to be afraid of if you were comfortable falling asleep with a full stomach. Just make sure that you are taking in some sort of protein along with your fruit and enjoy your fruit.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0