View Single Post
      02-15-2020, 06:42 PM   #1
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

New Z4 M40i 'connected' problems

I've never had a car that is so 'connected' before and also one that had so many problems with that, and other things.

The car drives and runs fine, but it's the 'other' things that aren't fine.

- The car doesn't respond to connected app usage. Information is last updated from the day of PDI (3 days ago). I cannot lock, unlock or do anything else with the car and the android phone app. Find my car works though. My phone is a Galaxy S9+ and I don't think it's the phone.

- I phoned BMW Connected support and they had me test the SOS button first to verify the car was connected. The SOS malfunctioned and kept calling BMW after that. Maybe the button is faulty? It finally stopped after 6 or 7 repeated connections.

- Lock when walking away doesn't work all the time. That's a big security issue as far as I am concerned because I cannot trust it to lock by itself.

- With the remote, I unlocked and rolled down the windows while inside a store (testing). I could not roll the windows back up again with the remote.

- When picking up the car, the salesman could not enter the car info into BMW connected. The next day he was able to and texted me. But, of course it doesn't really work.

I see some of these issues may be common for the platform. I have to take it back to the dealership next week to get things sorted out I guess. Otherwise I am happy with the car. It's too cold for top down driving right now in Canada, but the roads are completely clear and dry so I'm going to drive it while I can.

Rob
Appreciate 0