02-01-2019, 02:57 PM   #265
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
No worries brother, we like the enthusiasm!

I haven’t tried knee wraps as that’s more then I would need. However I do use Mark Bells STrong sleeves which I just replaced with his Extreme X knee sleeves. I am a High bar squatter. I stopped low Bar few years ago as it was bothering my back and hip. I also use a modified Wendler 531. What is this app you speak of??? I’m also a volume freak!
It's called zero to hero. Now I'm on Android...sho I don't know if Apple has it.

But after downloading the app, you can choose between bodybuilding and powerlifting setups.....that drills down into the different programs. On the powerlifting side, there are 3-4 variations of Wendler stuff. I'm doing the Nsuns variety.

But you enter your 1RM, and it will program out the next 4-6 weeks of lifts with weights and reps that you use. It has a between set adjustable timer for rest periods, and then you can add accessory exercises in to catch the stuff that the main program doesn't hit such as bicep, tricep, etc.

It's pretty cool and as long as you are feeding honest data in, you can't help but progress. At the end, you just tell it to program the next "wave" and it will recalculate your 1 RM off of your best lifts. Because at one point or another in your programming, you will have a AMRAP set or "As many reps as possible".

That set will determine your new 1RM. If you get it....let me know if you have any questions. It's a free app......and it has a lot of funcationalty built into it for endless possibilities!