SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrionFawkes View Post
Awesome! I'll just add a lightweight floor jack, 17mm socket, breaker bar, and torque wrench to my list of items to carry around in the trunk.

But in all seriousness, it sounds like having a wooden dowel rod that can be inserted through the wheel spokes, and used to move the backing plate might make more sense. At least that's small, light and easy to hide inside the area where the battery is located.
I guess that I should have been more specific; I only had to bend the backing plate back once, it's not like I have to do this every time it happens, and it didn't happen again. You push on the backing plate to bend it back and increase the distance between the backing plate and the rotor. Once the backing plate is bent back, at least on the F8x cars, the problem goes away. This is what worked for me.

It does appear that the backing plate on the G29 brakes are designed differently, and the problem is not with the rear brakes but with the front brakes. Everyone with a G29 that experiences this problem should complain to their dealer and BMW may redesign the backing plate and retrofit them to cars that experience the problem.

Appreciate 0