View Single Post
      08-24-2019, 06:44 PM   #1
sanfordrich
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z3

Using Card Key (as opposed to cell phone based Digital Key)

Anyone using the Card Key? I understand the Digital Key is not available at this time for Iphones. However, I was curious about using the Card Key (it looks like a credit card), but the information in the owner's manual seems to be limited. The owner's manual talks about relating a Digital Key installed on your Android phone to the plastic Card Key and that the Card Key is used in a similar way to Digital Key. Unfortunately, that is not relevant to me since I have an Iphone and the Digital Key is not available for an Iphone (at least that's my understanding as of right now). Therefore, how does one activate the Card Key without a Digital Key installed on a cellphone? Maybe it's already activated, but then my question would be: how does one use it? If it is activated, my Z4 does not seem to recognize my Card Key even though I have placed it where it's suppose be placed (on the cell phone charger). So...., I assume I somehow need to activate my Card Key but it's not clear how to do that. Maybe one can't activate the Card Key without a Digital Key and therefore it won't work if one uses an Iphone. After all that being said, curious if anyone is using their Card Key and insight you can provide. Thanks.
Appreciate 0