View Single Post
      11-12-2019, 03:19 AM   #128
DrSecretan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive20i

Hi everyone

I'm putting my Z4 s20i into my local dealer tomorrow for a few little noises it's making.

The first is a fairly constant buzzing/rattling coming from the glovebox area which most commonly manifests when slowing down, going up hills, or turning sharp right. At first I thought it was coming from the speaker grille, but I took the shop foreman out for a drive and he's positive it's actually coming from the glovebox area.

The second is a plastic clicking noise which happens when going over rougher surfaces. It's coming from in between the driver and passenger somewhere. My first instinct is that it's coming from the area where the roof meets the windshield frame but it's pretty hard to tell - noises seem to bounce around the cabin making it hard to track them down! Having seen others complain about a cilcking noise coming from the central area of the car I'm wondering if it could actually be the same noise that you guys are hearing coming from the central console. I'll highlight it with the service adviser tomorrow and hopefully the dealership will be able to track it down.

Expecting to get the car back on Friday so I'll report back. Fortunately I've had zero software issues so far.

Last edited by DrSecretan; 11-12-2019 at 03:39 AM..
Appreciate 0