07-05-2020, 01:59 AM   #4277
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
I don't understand the concept of staging? My handgun is always loaded, in a holster. Bedside gun, it's chambered. in a holster. I'll have to unholster it first before I can pull the trigger. To each their own. Training is the key.

It depends on the round with bullet setback. We're issued 357SIG which suffers from bullet setback if you constantly load and unload the same round. It doesn't seem to happen too much to other calibers. I know the .40 suffers from it too.

oh, just watched your video. i don't have ready access safes. my safes are for storage. My carry guns stay in their holster. When I go to bed, I take the holster off my belt and drop it on top of the nightstand.

Not worried about my kids, they've grown up around guns and know how to use them. If we're leaving the house, nothing is left out but when we're home, if it's not on my belt, it's on the nightstand. in a holster.
That's why I put YMMV. you have to remember these recommendations are supposed to be for the masses ranging from beginners to experts. Anyone that asks that question (which is an excellent question to ask if you aren't familiar with these things) will most likely be your every day self defense purposed gun owner, not an enthusiast.

I have no doubt you are familiar with all the accidents which occur from mishandling and improperly storing/staging firearms in the home.

I believe the NRA and USCCA provide firearms safety instructions that are virtually idiot proof.

For those of us who are military, law enforcement or the like are very familiar with firearms since they are a part of our daily routines and we practice extensively the four safety rules (which most firearms owners probably can't remember).