fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
That's why I put YMMV. you have to remember these recommendations are supposed to be for the masses ranging from beginners to experts. Anyone that asks that question (which is an excellent question to ask if you aren't familiar with these things) will most likely be your every day self defense proposed gun owner, not an enthusiast.

I have no doubt you are familiar with all the accidents which occur from mishandling and improperly storing/staging firearms in the home.

I believe the NRA and USCCA provide firearms safety instructions that are virtually idiot proof.

For those of us who are military, law enforcement or the like are very familiar with firearms since they are a part of our daily routines and we practice extensively the four safety rules (which most firearms owners probably can't remember).
Also keep in mind some states have varying laws regarding Staging/storage, particularly if there are kids in the home. You can’t just toss a loaded gun in the nightstand, holster or not, with kids around in CA by law (not that you should even if you can).
Excellent point. Same goes for Texas (surprising, I know).

If a firearm isn't properly secured here in Texas and a child (anyone under the age of 17) gets a hold of it and gets injured as a result, you'll be legally liable for negligence.

Most people will say their kids are taught to respect firearms and etc, and that's smart to teach them that, but you never know. So again (to the general public), YMMV.