View Single Post
      10-05-2019, 02:42 PM   #29
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
When I was in first grade, I was at a small airport and was the only witness for a fatal accident when a gyrocopter across the field turned too steeply and fell out of the sky.

One afternoon in my office about 15 years ago, an eagle flew past my window with a cat in its claws...collar and all. Took it up to the roof of the building where it had a nest full of babies, so I imagine it wound up as bird poop on someone's windshield a few days later.

The absolute strangest thing that I have ever seen fall from the sky was a piece of non-ferrous metal, about the size of a fingernail. I was walking across the driveway to my car, and heard something hit a few leaves on a tree near my car, then a "tink" on the windshield, followed by two quieter pings. When I looked to see what it was, the metal was resting on the wiper blade and hot enough to melt the rubber a little bit. Immediately suspecting that it was space debris, I looked overhead and there were no planes in sight. There were also no lawnmowers running in the area. It was extremely thin and very rigid, and thought that it might have been titanium although I never had it tested. I'm assuming that it was a splinter of space junk that broke up on re-entry, because I couldn't find any other obvious source where it could have been from.....
King Rudi13154.00