10-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #34
khailuan
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW IX40 Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
I don't know. Producing mass appeal FWD econoboxes seems to be working out well for the #8 brand.

I guess that's the perk of getting a head start on BMW in regards to building mass appeal FWD econoboxes.
My thoughts exactly, thank you.

It's ridiculous...BMW improved over the last two years and reached its highest ranking ever in Interbrand but what we read most on this thread are negative comments by a fair number of its "fans" who are whining about the company's direction such as entering the FWD market which is a segment that doesn't even concern them.

Merc's introduction of its FWD CLA sedan in 2013 was a massive success. The company stated that it was their best launch in 20 years. Audi was smart enough not to miss out on this opportunity and launched their A3 sedan. Needless to say it was a hit. BMW is only 7 years late. It doesn't take a business degree to understand that pursue growth, a company needs to evolve, diversify its line of products to enter new markets (hybrid, EV, FWD, etc). Keep in mind that the electrification costs and the tariffs are hurting the company's bottom line. As long as BMW continues to make cars aimed for enthusiasts ie M2, M4 and others, it makes perfect business sense for BMW to move forward and expand. 11th place is worth applauding.
Appreciate 4
heavyD^23684.00
clee1982796.00
Sedan_Clan24814.00
minn1913970.00