Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Spoken like a fat American.

Which are you, or are you both?

Got your guns loaded? Where is your Confederate flag? Are you wearing boots?

I'm just giving you shit .

But really...

- Too much power to be a true Sports Car...
- Automatic availability...
- Coupe availability...
- Too serious to have real fun in (for most).

Unless you're calling it a Muscle Car?

The Corvette fits more in in the Super Car slot now, but that's still a GT Car, as there are no Super Cars that are true Sports Cars, they are all way too serious.
You seem to have some very rigid guidelines! Most people call anything with only two seats (besides pickups) a sports car. Of all of the cars I have owned, I would only consider the 3 NSXs that I had to be true Sports Cars. Although they were not! By your definition. Mine were all manual, but they did offer an automatic. Perhaps the ‘manual only’ requirement could be re-assessed. Most of the great ‘sports cars’ today offer ‘automatics’ Which shift faster than shift through a goose. Haha. And I think that they shift MUCH faster than we humans can toss a gear lever.

I saw a gorgeous BMW today at the dealer. M4 Edition M Heritage. Was absolutely beautiful and although it is no true sports car, it did come with a manual tranny. 20 years ago I would have bought it on the spot, but today, (At 62) I guess I am just too lazy to do all of that shifting, especially since the new automatics are so amazing.

I also did not buy it because I am waiting for the right time to get my hands on a C8 Corvette. I’m not fat, and don’t have a confederate flag, or own any guns, but I do have some fly Prada Boots. Do you think they’ll still sell me one?

Happy Motoring!
Appreciate 1
3798j11413.50