04-05-2020, 06:43 PM   #25
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
My usage pattern essentially does rule out MT cars.

I do focus on the telematics system, but I didn't mention it in this thread because pretty much any new car with ACC has Apple CarPlay. When it comes to the quality and usability of the telematics, I find that so personal I need to do that research myself, and try it in person. I'm simply not at that stage of the process yet.

I thought I did in my original post, but I'm happy to repeat/elaborate.

For the sake of this discussion, this work car/beater is a new car that stickers around $25k when equipped with ACC. I also need it to have as large of a trunk/storage area as possible without having to have the seats folded down. Because I carry valuable samples in the trunk, and this car will be parked on the street in the worst of neighborhoods, I need the trunk/storage area to conceal its contents. This isn't an issue with a sedan/trunk, but something like an SUV or wagon would need to have a cover to conceal the contents. AWD is not required as much as having some sportiness. Ths vehicle should also have 4 doors. I think that is it.
This does help. I am with you on a CVT...its presence automatically disqualifies a car from consideration for me.

What about a Mazda 6 sport? It uses a regular automatic transmission, drives nicely, is a sedan and has some sportiness -- more than a KIA or Hyundai for sure.
Appreciate 1