12-04-2006, 04:37 PM   #62
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hej
Well, to be fair, I don't think you will find many people with more miles than that regardless of the brand of car. That's not because of the brand, it's simply because few people keep a car that long (or buy a used one with such high milage). Also, with pretty much all German brands (BMW, Mercedes, VW, etc), I am somewhat of the opinion that "back in the day" they were built to be bulletproof. But I don't think that is really the case today. Similiarly, 21 years ago, Japanese brands were not considered that great. But today, I think most will agree that the Toyota's & Subaru's (etc) are very solid cars. The shoe is now on the other foot, so to speak. At least that's how I see it.

Regardless, congrats on making it 1/3rd of the way to the million mile mark. You sound very proud of your car, and I hope you can some day announce that you have driven it another 330,000 miles.

i do agree that honda and nissan DO have great reliability. no denying it.

but to all the people who bought BMW's should know that they CAN last that long as well if you take proper care of em. just use me as an example
Appreciate 0