12-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #20
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Doxa watches.

http://www.doxawatches.com/collection.htm

I've been considering the JLC Master Compressor Divers, and the Vacheron Overseas as well.

The IWC is nice too.

Presently I own a Rolex Submariner and a Seiko Orange Monster. I hope to be able to afford more watches someday.
Doxa are also wonderful watches.

• I really like the JLC MC diver, especially the Navy Seals one. It fits well, it looks great on, it looks a little different as a diver goes. For all that, and it's a truly respectable watch IMO, I think JLC offers much better watches -- better at least using my system of choosing among JLC's offerings and for the thing I prize most about JLC, which is the value proposition associated with their watches. Master Control, MUT and Reverso are the JLCs that really appeal to me among their bread and butter, reasonably priced offerings. (reasonable being relative) I wouldn't advise against buying the JLC diver, I would simply suggest considering other offerings from them before deciding.
  • VC Overseas: Love that watch. I think of it as slightly dressier and more refined alternative to a Datejust, Day-Date, Milgauss, or AuqaTerra and as a peer to the Breguet Marine, Nautilus, Reverso and Royal Oak. All of them are more sport watches than they are divers, but one can swim wearing any of them. VC have a black (dark grey) dial version with a rubber strap that looks great. If you have reservations about the somewhat dressier feel of the Overseas on the standard bracelet, give that rubber strap option a look-see.
  • IWC's diver -- Aquatimer -- is quite nice and goes toe-to-toe with the AquaTerra, IMO. There's nothing not to like about either. I think I would pick Bremont's diver -- in black or blue, not green -- over both, however. Another worthy consideration: Tudor Pelagos.
All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0