View Single Post
      09-27-2020, 10:38 AM   #13
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

About 5 years ago I talked to the auto manager of my local Costco about mounting Z06 tires( 325/30-19, 275/35-18)low profile, very stiff run flats on my new CCW forged, powder coated wheels, not easy to mount without buggering up the wheels and powder coat. He assured me that all will go well with the install. They had a Hunter Road Force balancer was one of the things I wanted and why I spoke to them to begin with, the tire price was another and from what he told me, sold me.
I was waiting outside in the wife’s car looking into the garage while they did the job. After they mounted the tires on the wheels and balanced them the manager took the mounted wheels and put them on the car, he then torqued the lugs down with a torque wrench and wiped the wheels clean. No damage or marks at all.
All said and done, I was quite pleased and have used them since on the Corvette and our other cars. That’s just one store though and I could be completely different at other ones.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0