09-06-2019, 05:09 AM   #1128
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Nothing wrong with that. Most of my daily calories come in the 4-5 hours after my workout. The body is primed for it then.

Then they gradually decline into smaller meals as the day goes on. At that point I'm pretty much letting hunger dictate when I eat as that tells me my body is ready for more.

The trick with bulking and doing it like that is to find and eat meals that your body processes pretty easily. I can eat chicken and rice, and be hungry 2 hours later. But something like oatmeal would keep me full for hours.

That's good for cutting calories, but when bulking you want to get in as much as you can ....so I pick foods that I know my body will burn right through.
Agree 100% with your third statement. Key is finding something that you can digest easily, although my body plows through oatmeal. For me it's any protein w/ rice really. We constantly make taco meat w/ rice and black beans. Just hit it with some cheese and hot sauce and mix it up, so easy to eat and digest. Recently made some banging stir fry that was good too, shit now im hungry haha.

*side note*
Hit chest yesterday, solid day. First time I talked to someone in the gym in months lol, I'll usually avoid conversation because I honest am just not there to talk to people. I'll see people try to talk and usually just ignore them unless they look like they're worth my time. There's one respectable trainer at our gym, I was on a bench supersetting flat db press w/ plate presses. At the time I was using a 25lb plate for the plate press (not focused on the weight just squeezing my chest together). Trainer recommended using 2 10lb plates and squeezing them together instead, got more mobility since the diameter of the smaller plates is less. Actually solid advice for once!
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00