View Single Post
      09-09-2019, 12:25 PM   #1136
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

So today (well at 2:00am because I was awake again!) was my first week of Active Recovery. Today was chest.

I'm telling you after hitting workouts for 5 reps or less for weeks that eventually having you do multiple sets of 3 reps, active recovery can be brutal as you drop the weight and reps go way up.

After my warm-ups, I hit 16 reps on the bench at 245lbs. You want to talk about lactic acid burn.

To add insult, my training partner who is on a higher % of weight then I am banged out 275lbs for 17 reps. I said it was 18, but since I touched the bar at the end to help him rack it .....he wouldn't count the rep.

But I've seen him do 225 in the past for 25 reps and make it look easy. It just blows my mind the genetics he has. He was set to go to Russia last year to compete for the record in the raw bench category, but his kid got pretty sick and he called it off. The record at the time was 560lbs. I had personally help spot him on a 540 attempt that he made look easy putting up.

All of this at a bodyweight of less than 205lbs. Just crazy.

Sometimes I feel good about where I'm at, then he brings me back to reality and I realize I have a long ways to go still.