View Single Post
      04-02-2024, 07:11 PM   #29
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post
I have no allegiance to any team, just interested in the technology and the race craft of all the combatants

When one team dominates, so be it ... there are other races within the race to watch. I do not support the comments by Minardi`s Paul Stoddart that a leading - runaway team should carry a weight penalty

Maybe consider a RBR only thread ?
A leading team should not carry a weight penalty, and frankly I dont think RBR should carry a testing restriction - parity in testing and parity in budget, but I do agree that all teams should be able to make within 5 hp of one another and that if a team has significantly more hp, then they should be capped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Is it just me or is seeing several constructors producing upgrades so early in the season some what unusual? In a year of more races and the cost cap seems like the heat is being cranked up with Ferrari, McLaren and Aston Martin getting closer to Red Bull.
I don't think it's unusual. RB barely brought more than a few tweaks last year but did start planning and developing the RB20 nearly a year ago if we think about it. We are just seeing their planned upgrades now since they are back to normal testing for WT/CFD. I have a feeling the ceiling of the RB20 is much higher, and they are still learning the setup and car a bit. On the other hand, the RB19 copies are basically close to performance capacity for the design, but the RB20 has plenty to stretch over the year and will see a bit more next year while the other designs don't pick up much additional pace and those teams can't go back to the full scale rebuild...again.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick61285.50
GuidoK11033.00