E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
JB won that championship because of the huge advantage he gained during the first half, and once the better teams with better drivers caught up he virtually disappeared. He was lucky to hold on. That's how I view ROS. He most definitely won the WDC, but not because he outdrove anyone. His car simply didn't fail. In fact I think you could argue there are a half dozen drivers on the grid who could drive circles around him. Oh well.

I can't see him winning another one. That kind of luck doesn't last.
I'd say 2009 and 2016 was slightly different. At least there's no memorable drive from Nico all season long. All I remember when Nico did overtake/defend, or attack, either resulted in crashes (Spain, Austria), or penalties (Germany, despite inconsistent penalty given out from stewards).

Nico's winning races actually reminds me Vettel. In 2011 and 2013, just drove the car to build enough gap and control the race. The issue wasn't nico or lewis, it was Mercedes dominant races. When Mercs are in 1-2, although both drivers are allowed to race, but it was being neutralized by similar strategy or minimum risk taking. We never see the straight battle like Bahrain 2014 since then, if there were any, like Spain this season, it ended in tears.

Anyways, if Hamilton's car was a bit more reliable, not 100%, but reduce the issues in half this season. We should able to see a more fierce battle than just whining about Hamilton backing him up.

Speaking of that, what's everyone's thought about Hamilton backing Nico up to the RBR and Ferraris in the last stint?