03-09-2020, 05:32 PM   #10
QueueCumber
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Current: Z4 M40i; 997.2 GT3 RS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M40iSFR View Post
Solve, no. Improve, yes. The purpose of the EQ is to aid room correction. No need to sigh.

Have you seen the construction of the HK speakers? They are junk. The amp isn't too bad.

Disconnect the centre speaker and disable Logic 7 is a start. Better drivers is a no-brainer.
I have to “sigh” because listening to frequency response notes individually is not how broadband EQ works or how the brain hears music harmonically. Even some of the best audio rooms with the best speakers on the market (FR-wise) will still have those ups and downs if you listen to the response notes individually.

IMO, Logic 7 is the saving grace of this cars audio setup.

In any case, my point is that you’re not really upgrading when switching to those Focals, IMO. It seems like more of a parallel move unless you wait for the Beryllium. Then again, I’m not sure how much improvement you can expect to get in a tiny roadster cabin. I would save the audiophile expectations (and money) for a dedicated home system rather than trying to put lipstick on a pig. You may be making it worse with whatever you put in there if you can’t alter the head unit’s crossover points for the speaker arrays anyway.

Last edited by QueueCumber; 03-09-2020 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410784.50