View Single Post
      05-13-2019, 05:42 PM   #54
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
How do they fine you if your state does not issue a front license plate like Michigan for example? I thought the states have to honor each other's rules like do they for driver's license and marriage license.
They still did. I don't recall what the reciprocity agreement is with DC and my state is. But at the time I got fined for not having a front plate even though my car is not registered in DC, I had to pay it because I was going through a security clearance process with the Feds. So it didn't even fall into me researching if my state honored DC's fines/tickets in denying/holding my vehicle registration until those fines/tickets are paid.

ETA: My state, MD as does VA, requires a front plate. If my car was registered in PA or DE, then the ticket would not be issued by DC. The fact of the matter is I have been to VA and obviously all over MD and was never given a ticket for no front plate. It was only DC that presented a problem. And the ticket was not even issued by a police officer. It was by the meter maids.
Appreciate 0