View Single Post
      10-15-2019, 07:15 AM   #184
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
I bitch about the yard work too - but I know I would miss it. Takes me about 2 hours to mow (even with a 60" zero turn) and weedeat, but nothing makes me happier than driving out the next morning to that well trimmed lawn. I spent about 75% of my day yesterday mowing, weedeating, winterizing things, pulling a plugged gas tank off my tractor, cutting out summer landscape, etc - you are right it can be a LOT.

But I know I would miss that sweat work - it just somehow fulfills me. For now anyway. I was not meant to be in an office all day.
I'm the same way. There are some days I enjoy doing the yard work and then there are days that I have other things I need to be doing, but stuck working in the yard. The next morning, while leaving for work and then returning home, I do enjoy the look of my yard that looks like it's been sculpted by lasers.

I'm starting to feel the same way about my office job. When I was younger, doing manual labor, I always wanted to be the guy dressed nice and sitting in the office. Now I want to be the guy up moving around and working with my hands. We're never satisfied.
Appreciate 3
M_Six16966.50
unluky7528.00