01-25-2021, 12:29 PM   #1104
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman434 View Post
I did a full pressure wash on my fence, patio, & sidewalks a couple of months back. Makes a world of difference on how the house looks. Night/Day difference.

What amazes me (as a realtor) is the amount of people who will put their homes up for sale, doesn't matter if it's $300k or $1.4mil, and don't clean up there exterior better.
Pressure washing is easy and takes a few hours (can rent the equipment or buy pretty cheap), and having your pavers on your driveway clean, will really help that house show that it's worth the price you're listing at.

So many people don't bother with that and man will it make a difference. I recommend to my clients to look into it.
Yeah we do the roof as infrequently as possible because it isn’t good for the life of the roof or gutters. I will definitely never have anyone walk on the roof to clean it again. The pavers and sidewalk don’t even need pressure cleaning very often if you just spray them down with chlorine every 6 mos. or so. One thing I hate about pressure cleaning is when they apply pressure between the pavers and dig out the sand between them, which then requires replenishing and leaves sand everywhere. Everyone that’s ever done it has left sand everywhere, some worse than others. I’ve gotten into the habit of moving everything off the patio / to the garage to avoid sand sprayed all over the patio furniture.

The other thing I like to keep up with that a lot of people neglect is the windows. We have a great window wash guy who does the exterior for only $110. We were getting it done 2x / year and I was using Windex outdoors with a water deionizer in between. Now I’m thinking for that price, just have him out 3-4x / year.
ramman434710.00