03-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #59
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Hah.. I agree, that would be silliness.. but what place are you talking about? Surely you weren't implying Schauenstein ? That place was essentially an entire evening experience, starting with free black car service to/from your hotel in the surrounding towns, an amazing cocktail reception period/room, too many dinner courses to count, each just as amazing as the one before, ending in a relaxed finale where you were taken to an ornate chamber (I call it that because "room" doesn't do it justice) to enjoy any after dinner drinks, amazing petite fours, all while the fire crackles in the background and the room is lit with a warm fiery glow. We were alone at this stage as others had retired to various other rooms, and it was an amazing, romantic time. After this, we could have retired to the drinks chamber (I guess the bar, but that would be crude) to sit with the chef and just shoot the shit. The entire thing combined, was maybe 5 hours, and it wasn't all just sitting down at your table (which would drive me stir crazy). The castle should be a museum, it is of that quality. Basically, just a stunning evening.

Like I said, I don't plan on doing any ED without visiting Schauenstein (every time); and I don't say that lightly
Given your description of the overall experience it makes the price more palatable.

Schloss Schauenstein

From their website

lunch and dinner (per person)

3 courses CHF 198.00
4 courses CHF 219.00
5 courses CHF 235.00
6 courses CHF 259.00
Appreciate 0