03-09-2016, 12:51 PM   #61
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Ah yea, I see where you got that from now. Ya, not sure anyone does 3 courses, as that would be silliness (as you said). We did the "all in" (as it doesn't make much sense to do 3 courses) and, judging from the length of everyone else's meal, I'm pretty sure everyone else did too. I think the only variation we noticed is that some people only did 5 courses as they didn't want desert or whatever that 6th course was. In any case, as you probably know, it's only 6 'main' courses, with multiple small in between dishes, palate cleansers, greetings from the chef, etc. I did not leave hungry, nor did I feel like there weren't enough courses. Certainly to fill an entire evening, it's more than just 6 courses (pretty sure we spent 7:30-12:30 there, and only left because we wanted to let the staff go home and to bed). Obviously, it was expensive, but we did feel it was worth it when the entire evening was taken into consideration, and the absolutely stunning location (it really is an old castle, and feels like you are eating inside someone's renaissance palace). It certainly surpassed my own expectations. Also, I believe the wine choices, being local Austrian, were cheaper than you find at typical expensive restaurants.

There is no comparison between this place, and eating in Munich for half the price. The latter being a waste of money, now that I see the chasm of difference between the two experiences. But yea, I wouldn't recommend it if you weren't into these experiences or weren't planning on spending half that much eating out in Munich.
Ah ok, well that makes more sense. In my neck of the woods a 5 course meal usually means 3-4 small dishes and one large.

regardless i check my reservation my hotel Belagio for 4 nights and figured if we cancel one night there it could equal close to one night and a meal at Schloss Schauenstein. Since we will be driving right past it from Konstanz to Bellagio I emailed to see if they have availability for a room and dinner reservation on the 26th of May. If they do then might as well give it a shot. Ill be honest one of the main things selling me at this point is that they have a cigar lounge.

Seems like it could be a great all around experience. If we do go there we will be arriving mid day. Any suggestions of what we can do in the area from 12 noon until dinner time taking into consideration it will be end of May?

Will they laugh at me seeking a reservation with two months notice? They arent going to come back asking me which year I mean are they?
Appreciate 0