View Single Post
      07-05-2017, 10:47 AM   #12
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Just get an AC router, choose placement wisely, and a USB 3.0 AC adapter and be done with it. I stream HD content all over my place in an apartment complex bombarded with 2.4 GHz routers and have no issues. My "office" in the huge storage closet under my apartment that is accessed via my direct access garage below my unit sees incredible speed on both the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz spectrums and there is A LOT of walls, insulation, etc. between that closet and where the router is centrally located in the above living room. I despise access point configurations so my second, older AC router is it's own separate WiFi network connected to the rest of the network. That one feeds everything in the back of the unit (bedrooms and bathroom) and I force all my guests onto it's 2.4 GHz spectrum.
The number of 2.4 GHz networks around you have no bearing on AC operation as AC operates exclusively on 5 GHz.

Not sure why you despise access point configurations as they're the only system that can scale properly and perform the best. This is provided you're not trying to tie independent access points together to fake a unified wireless system.
Appreciate 0