06-12-2019, 01:36 PM   #4
Pinkoboe
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 GTS 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPelletier View Post
Thanks. The Boxster may be worth the huge premium for some but it wasn't for me...If it had a 6 cyl, I'd have been willing to pay more for it but perhaps not THAT much more.

Yeah, you could (in theory, anyhow!) buy a base Boxster for no more than the Z4 but remember the base Boxster, while still dynamically brilliant, would be noticeably down on overall performance compared to the S without PASM, PTV, Sports Chrono, etc.....and 50 less hp.

A base Boxster with little to no options might be a great option for someone who wants a sharp handling roadster without breaking the bank but I wouldn't be happy with the lack of features and power.

cheers,
Dave
The above pretty well sums up my thoughts as well. I just can’t bring myself to spend about $90k for a Boxster S (with the options I would want) when it has that nasty sounding four banger. Porsche currently has prototypes running around of a Boxster and Cayman that apparently have a six cylinder engine that will slot somewhere under the Spyder and GT4, but my sense is they will carry a big premium over the current S and GTS models.

My current lease is not up until next year, so I have way too much time on my hands to obsess about the Z4 vs. Boxster issue!
Appreciate 0