Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Sounds like the CA knows that they have an April allocation.

They can't place an order in the system til the first week of April.

Some dealers keep your info and take a deposit and keep it in their order bank before the allocation is available to place an order.

Other dealers appear to wait til the order can be placed and then when the allocation opens they place the order. This is why your dealer has asked you to call back end of March

If you are dealing with a General manager then you should be all set, because it sounds like that GM is keeping and handling special allocations.

If you are dealing with just a sales rep then just be aware that sometimes a dealer may have two sales reps thinking that they have the same car sold. To that end, make sure you definitely call in the last week of the March because at some point they will want a deposit.

Yeah, I will definitely call him. The funny thing is, I just talked to another dealer who wants to meet Monday, ready to take my deposit ($1,000) and configure my car. He acted like there was no waiting list and it wasn't a big deal, and said ED is different than regular sales.
Not sure I follow you there.

The other dealer may have a March allocation ( next week is the last week of February) so they could have their HEA ( floor model ) allocation or a March allocation available as opposed to the first dealer which appears to have an April allocation.

Is the second dealer not willing to do ED?

Either way I would keep working with both until you have a production number
Appreciate 0