Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Nice try at turning this into "changing to stay ahead of the competition". How about addressing his lack of creating a beautiful and different design rather than what we have which is different and ugly design?
Those are all subjective statements. We all find different things beautiful or ugly......tasty or nasty.....etc. There are no definitive answers when it comes to subjective things.
Right… just like Jennifer Lawrence, Scarlett Johansson, or Jennifer Lopez are "subjectively" attractive. There are underlying themes which cause us to see "beauty." One may be more important to you than I but there's certain shared commonalities. I understand what you're trying to get at but you have to call a spade a spade when you see one. And this is a Fugly one.

The most poignant line I took away from his commentary was this: "If you are no longer successful, people will immediately start saying you need to make changes, but then you are in panic mode." This is where they're at right now, or about to be. The poop is about to hit the fan in Munich. They're already under pressure considering their failed (in their eyes) EV/hybrid rollout. Seems like a bad time to start messing with design language at this point but we've seen failures happen before. It's just a hard pill to swallow for those of us who enjoyed those shared design commonalities for so long before this.
Failed in their eyes?

They see it as a success.
Have you seen any of the commentary on why Krueger stepped down or was let go? Outwardly, sure they want us to see it as you say but they don't feel it is a true success.
Failure would mean a change in direction.

That's not what they are doing.

Full Steam Forward with Electrified...
I guess you don't understand the definition of failure. From Merriam-Webster dictionary: failure: lack of success; falling short. Look it up. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/failure

That doesn't mean they're changing direction, which you seem to think is what I'm referring to, it's not. It means they haven't hit their goals. Whether they were/are realistic, or not, is another debate.

This is off topic though and is not concerning the defense of the styling language.
Using your definition, anything less than 100 is a failure.

Furthermore, using your definition, BMW has failed as a Car Company in the United States for a number of years now.

In fact, using your terms, BMW has failed in every Country but China this year.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0