10-25-2019, 11:19 AM   #15
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf6cyl View Post
Certainly do, however, the same could be said of most cars. The 911s aren’t that aggressively set up from the factory and are EVEN sharper when adjusting.
Porsche also moved the engine up again in the 992 and it’s even more mid engined. Notice how they have nearly the same weight distribution?
Either way, the 992 is still the top dog and to think the additional cars only get exponentially better.
That I do have a beef with the C8, it seems a little rear-weight biased for a mid-engine design, but from what I've read, not far off from other mid-engine designs. A quick search shows the Cayman is 45/55. (same 2006 article says the 911 was 38/62...). But at track speeds, areo add ons affect weight bias...

Hopefully GM can tune the brake feel. Other GM cars I've driven have great pedal feel. My point of the discussion is, if the Shelby came close to the 911 as runner up, why is it not possible the C8 is on the other side of the 911 and would have come in first.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0