View Single Post
      10-25-2019, 12:01 PM   #18
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Friendly bet it is. Ground rules first, no 4s let’s compare similar cars and AWD shouldn’t apply. The two models in this article, the S vs the Z51. Future variants of both cars like the GS, Z06, ZR1 and the Porsche versions don’t apply to this discussion.
Track times only because magazine writers opinions shouldn’t matter as far as performance goes. Some adjectives thrown about are often rooted in biases. You might drive my Corvette and have things negative to say about it and me the same behind the wheel of your 911. Let’s remove bias and let the numbers do the talking. I’m confident that when track numbers come in from the usual suspects Laguna, VIR, Nurburgring.... the C8 will top the 2020 911s at at least half the tracks.
Your last sentence says the GT4 will be a lot better “drivers car” is pure conjecture opinion and unquantifiable. We would need to remove opinion and keep this scientific based solely on track numbers. Fair?
Sure. Sounds fair. It’s all in good fun.

Only thing though, this MT comparison counts and so does the R&T PCOTY where the 992 is going against the C8.

So right now 992: 1, C8: 0
Appreciate 0